Friday, May 3, 2013

WotF 2013, 1st quarter

During the 1st quarter of the 2013 Writers of the Future Contest, I placed among the semi-finalists. As a result, Mr. Dave Wolverton sent me a personal critique for my story. Again, I very much appreciate the time both he and Joni Labaqui put into the contest:

"Congratulations on being a semifinalist. I very much liked this tale, and it came squeaky close to being a finalist. I don’t get many tales told from [spoiler] point of view—much less that of [spoiler] that is hoping to [spoiler] so that it can [spoiler]. This tale was thoroughly engrossing and icky. Well done! ... Good luck in finding a home for this. I don’t think that it will be hard. I would very much like to see something more from you soon!"

On a more serious note, and as some of you may already know, Mr. Wolverton's son Ben was recently in an accident that left him in a coma. The expected medical costs for his rehabilitation are estimated to be around 1 million dollars. Donations are being accepted here. Check it out, read what happened and see if it's not something you'd want to donate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment