This is my last year of eligibility for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer. In the two years I've been eligible, I've:
1. Sold a total of 15 stories, all to pro or semi-pro markets, including: Apex Magazine, Intergalactic Medicine Show, Shock Totem, Ares Magazine, and Penumbra eMag.
2. Had four stories appear on the 2013 and 2014 Tangent Recommended Reading List.
3. Had a darn good time and wouldn't at all mind a nomination!
The following works, all published in 2014, are eligible to be nominated for the Hugo, Nebula, World Fantasy Award, et al, ad infinitum.
"The Burden of Triumph" - OSC's Intergalactic Medicine Show, November 2014
- Chosen as the audio production of the issue, read by Stuart Jaffe
- Appeared in the Tangent Online 2014 Recommended Reading List
- Author David Farland called it, "Thoroughly engrossing and icky."
"Bittersweet Bedlam" - A Darke Phantastique, Cycatrix Press (2014)
"So Praise Him" - That Ain't Right Anthology (2014)
"The (Zeroes and) Ones We Love" - Ares Magazine #1, July 2014
- Author David Farland called it, "Effective" and "quite touching."
"Splotch of Red" - Darkfuse Anthology #2 (2014)
"Shock" - Bastion Science Fiction Magazine #1, April 2014
"Servant of the Aswang" - Penumbra eMag Vol. 3, #6, March 2014
- Appeared on the Tangent Online 2014 Recommended Reading List
"Stanley P. Strauss, Destroyer of the Universe" - Stupefying Stories Showcase #14, February 2014